Corporate & Business Law
Experienced Counsel in Corporate and Business Law
Whether you are starting a new commercial enterprise or have been in business for years, you want an experienced attorney to protect your interests. From the determination of the most advantageous business form to the negotiation, review and preparation of business agreements, an experienced lawyer will help you understand your options, so that you can make informed decisions.
At the law offices of Frank G. Finkbeiner Attorney at Law, in Orlando, we work with established businesses and commercial startups, providing counsel on a broad range of legal matters. We have over 36 years of practice experience, with a commitment to professionalism, courtesy and efficiency. We have kept our office small so that we can provide a high level of personal attention and service to each client. Contact our offices to arrange a free consultation.
Business Formation and Corporate Maintenance
If you are considering forming a new business, we will help you select and implement the type of legal entity that best suits your needs. Initially, we will gather information regarding who will participate in the business, how it will be financed and what your objectives will be. We will then fully explain the different legal forms your business can adopt, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations, helping you understand the advantages and disadvantages of each. Together, we will determine which business form is best-suited for you.
Once we have chosen a business form, we will prepare and file all the documents necessary to establish your business in compliance with Florida business laws. In addition to helping you set up state and federal tax identification numbers, we will prepare partnership agreements, articles of incorporation or organization, by-laws, corporate resolutions, and stock certificates, as necessary. We will also ensure that you have made all necessary tax elections with state and federal revenue agencies.
Once your business is legally established, we will guide you in complying with Florida business laws, ensuring that corporate books and records are properly maintained, that all necessary meetings are held, and that any required filings are completed.
Business and Commercial Contracts
We negotiate, review and draft all documents needed to effectively operate your business, including:
- Shareholder or stock agreements. We will represent the business in all dealings with shareholders.
- Stock redemption agreements. We will assist you with succession planning, preparing agreements that address the disposition of stock in the event of the death of a shareholder.
- Employment contracts. We will handle all matters involved when you seek to hold employees to the terms of a contract.
- Buy/sell agreements. When your business buys or sells anything, from real estate to inventory or product, we will ensure that the agreements governing these transactions are in your best interests.
- Non-compete, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements. We prepare agreements to protect your intellectual property, your investment in training and your goodwill when employees leave your company.
For a free consultation to discuss the needs of your business or corporation, contact us. Our offices are open from 8:30 am until 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, and evenings and weekends by appointment. We are conveniently located in a comfortable office setting near the courthouse in Orlando. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.